We consistently see the power of science fiction to inform our views today. The short Sci-Fi clip Slaughterbots is a very well done view of a possible near future of AI and Robotic enabled horror that all of us should see and consider.
Of course the point is that we are NOT going to allow this to occur. But the video should inspire us to think beyond that simple fact. We should consider the policies we put in place for development of weapons of all sort. And should also consider defensive measures that can be put in place to prevent adversaries from attacking our interests with weapons they will develop.
For now, watch the clip and help share it to others you know who could benefit from examining these topics:
The film, clearly, is more than just speculation. It shows what could easily happen in just a few years as technology advances. Just apply the right amount of hostile intent and very bad things can happen globally.
To continue your examination of the potential future of all things cyber see the Things Cyber Tech Landscape section. The megatrends we track there are:
- Artificial Intelligence: Tracking the future of thinking machines large and small, including the AI enabled systems used by your smartphone.
- Cloud Computing: Powerful centralized computing delivering new capabilities like software as a service and most of the ecommerce and social media services we all use today.
- Mobile Computing: Connected super-computers in your hand giving people ESP-like super powers. Our smartphones now ship with dozens of high end sensors and those are only increasing.
- Big Data Analytics: Making sense of incredible amounts of data, including data generated and used by robotics and the IoT.
- Robotics: Automating every task that can be, creating, and disrupting jobs. This includes, by the way, disrupting entertainment (see Jimmy Fallon and his robots).
- Internet of Things: Everything will have a chip and communicate with everything else, and how we optimize this will help ensure the IoT is focused on what we want.
- Cybersecurity: Evil will aways be lurking. We must all reduce our risks in this connected world. this includes a need for cybersecurity on every
Looking for more context? See our list of the Best Artificial Intelligence Blogs on the net.