The Sci-Fi Short “Dr. Easy” is entertaining. But like other Sci-Fi we enjoy highlighting here it is also thought provoking. Watching this is great for helping inspire thoughts about the future or robotics. In this case it shows what a potential medical robot can do to help in an emergency response.
It is certainly true that we need to be on the look out for ways that robots will disrupt our labor market and many jobs will be threatened in the future (see: Get Ready Now For The Jobs Of The Future). But it is also true that there are jobs humans do right now that robots are better suited for. The one depicted here is one of those.
We track the latest on Robotics and all the other major mega trends of technology in the Things Cyber Tech Landscape section. The megatrends we track there are:
- Artificial Intelligence: Tracking the future of thinking machines large and small, including the AI enabled systems used by your smartphone.
- Cloud Computing: Powerful centralized computing delivering new capabilities like software as a service and most of the ecommerce and social media services we all use today.
- Mobile Computing: Connected super-computers in your hand giving people ESP-like super powers. Our smartphones now ship with dozens of high end sensors and those are only increasing.
- Big Data Analytics: Making sense of incredible amounts of data, including data generated and used by robotics and the IoT.
- Robotics: Automating every task that can be, creating, and disrupting jobs.
- Internet of Things: Everything will have a chip and communicate with everything else, and how we optimize this will help ensure the IoT is focused on what we want.
- Cybersecurity: Evil will aways be lurking. We must all reduce our risks in this connected world. this includes a need for cybersecurity on every
And be sure to find and follow us on Twitter to continue the dialog. We are at @ThingsCyber