This book focuses on common sense approaches to cybersecurity for the home and/or small business. It starts with a good foundation and an overview of fundamentals, including topics like where to get good/trusted software from. From there it covers many important topics like how to communicate, how to adjust your Wi-Fi settings, how to monitor your systems for unauthorized activity, how to use encryption and VPNs, how to protect hard drives from theft, how to configure your phones and many other important topics.
The book also spends a great deal of time on the critically important topic of web browsing and being as secure as possible when online.
We also recommend thinking beyond just the tech and cybersecurity. Think of your mind! See: The New Psychology of Success Shows Critical Role of Mindset
We track the top news and analysis on Security and all the other major mega trends of technology in the Things Cyber Tech Landscape section. Join us there for the latest! See:
- Protecting Your Home From The Cyber Threat
- Cybersecurity For The Home and Small Business
- The Cyber Threat
- Top 5 Cybersecurity Tips for Small Business
- Best Ways to Improve your Computer Security Online
- Cybersecurity and Privacy: How to Keep Your Stuff Safe Online
- Apple iPhone and Wearables Event